Saturday, October 11, 2014

My trip to Estes Park, Colorado/ Evian Mineral Water Spray/ Boost Oxygen

Hellllo world!

(This picture was taken down the road from the cabin where we stayed in Estes Park, CO) 

 Last week, I visited Colorado for my first time! We flew out there to go to my brother in law's wedding and explore around a bit! First of all, downtown Estes is SO cute! There were so many cute little shops and even an Elk Festival going on! I wish I had a few more days to explore the shops, but LOOK at that view! I mean, the whole city was picturesque. The mountains took my breath away! Literally. I had altitude sickness for the whole time I was there. It was SO bad and the weather was so dry that I had to rely on two amazing products: Evian Mineral Water Spray and Boost Oxygen. For those of you who live near the coast or have never been to Colorado, the climate is seriously dry and the altitude at Estes Park is 7,522 feet above sea level. Holy batman! Here in Massachusetts, where I live, the altitude is roughly 30 feet above sea level. Needless to say, my body was feeling it (and surprisingly, in our party, I was the only one to get it so badly)!

 (Refreshed my face instantly and made my skin feel great!)


Summary: (Evian Mineral Spray) 
- Travel size mineral water spray that is TSA approved and fits in your purse
- Refreshes and helps to tone face with it's neutral pH level
- You can get a set of two travel size (as shown in picture) bottles at 1.7 oz for $14 on Sephora's website here !

Well, the Evian Mineral Water Spray was great because not only was my skin starting to feel tight, but there was very little moisture in my nostrils, so I keep getting dry bloody nose grossness. I was totally a skeptic about the whole "paying for water in bottle" concept, but Nordstrom was having a huge sale a few months ago and I've always been curious to see if they were like MAC Cosmetic's incredible Fix+. While both sprays tone out the skin and help makeup adhere better to the skin, I will say, in my opinion, that Fix+ greatly surpasses Evian in this manner. On the other hand, I started keeping an Evian Mineral Water Spray in my purse (It came in a pack of 6, I believe) during the summer when I ordered them, and boy, have they come in handy. Never so much as when I was in Colorado (and on the airplane!), but Lahhhd, did they help on hot and humid days in Massachusetts! For me, I spray liberally on my face, arms, and legs if needed, and I just love the instant cool moisture it adds. Because of the nitrogen in the spray, you won't have it dripping down your face, taking your makeup with it, either (unless you are dowsing yourself in it). I can totally see myself in the future as a woman with terrible menopause spraying myself like a mad woman with the Evian spray! To try some out, head over to your nearest Sephora, or use their website, to get their duo to go here. At $14.99 for two travel size containers, you can't go wrong, and with Sephora's amazing return policy (which should also cover this duo), if you really hate it, just return it for your money back or store credit! Next, we have something I never thought I would try or need at a youngish age: oxygen in a bottle.
(Honestly think this was my savior. Oxygen in a bottle- who knew?)

Summary: Boost Oxygen 

- Boost Oxygen contains 95% pure oxygen in each cannister. 
- Is said to help with altitude sickness (which worked for me, personally), recovery from hangovers, and fitness performance
- Comes in the flavors of Natural (one I went for), Pink Grapefruit, Menthol-Eucalyptus, and Peppermint
- Can be purchased on their website here at $7.99 for 4 oz (50 inhalations) or $12.99 for 22 oz (150 inhalations)!

So, once I knew I didn't have a stomach ache or the flu (from the symptoms I was having), my family and I deduced I had altitude sickness. Guys and gals, this is no joke and can be quite serious. If you know you are going to an area at a higher altitude than you are used to, please, please do some research and try to acclimate yourself slowly if you can! Ok, PSA out of the way, here we go! 

For me, along with all the flu-like symptoms I was having, I had crazy shortness of breath whenever I would walk even a short distance. It got to the point where I just started crying at one of our dinners because I felt SO terrible. My now sister in law suggested that I get some rest, hydrate with tons of water, and get a small container of oxygen. Well, I did begin guzzling loads of water and I did end up going to sleep earlier, partially because I was also still jet-lagged, but my father in law also picked me up a canister of Boost Oxygen. With the way I was feeling, as crazy as using oxygen as a remedy sounded to me, I was desperate to feel better. I decided to give it a shot. 
(The various flavors you can buy: Peppermint, Natural, Pink Grapefruit, and Menthol- Eucalyptus)


To use the oxygen, you simply unlock the nozzle by twisting the top, hold the opening in front of your open mouth, push down the top and simultaneously suck in the air- much like an inhaler. I will say that it does dry out your throat, so keep some water or candy nearby! Also, the can boasts 50 uses, so I took a bunch of swigs, as did my fellow campers and family. By the next day, I was still a bit shaky in the morning, but remarkably better than the day before. On the last day we were in Colorado, I was feeling pretty close to normal. I'm now definitely a believer of using the combination of rest, slow acclimation to higher altitudes, staying hydrated, and a bit of oxygen in a can! Boost's website also claims it can help with hangovers. I have yet to try this theory out, but I still have some oxygen in my container left, so who knows! Until next time! 

Peace and Love, 

Farrah <3

No comments:

Post a Comment