Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Sugarpill Heavenly Creatures Nail Lacquer Collection Review

Hello darlings!

I hope everyone has recovered from their IMATS trip and are enjoying the products they were able to snag! The very first stop that I made was to Sugarpill Cosmetics, as I heard their items were selling out quickly. I never tried anything from this company, but I have been following them on Instagram for quite some time and I just adore Amy Doan aka Shrinkle, the founder of Sugarpill, so I knew IMATS would be the perfect place to try some of their products!

(My Sugarpill Haul!)
 I'm still making my way through all of the products I bought, but so far, I have tried their Heavenly Creatures Nail Lacquer Collection and I LOVE it! I purchased only two of their nail polishes at the show, Angel Cake and Cloud Castle, and I'm already regretting not getting more!

(Cloud Castle, left, and Angel Cake on the right)
I must admit, I was a bit skeptical of how sheer or opaque they would be, but I thought I would take a chance and purchase them anyways. I also loved the fact that they are 100% Vegan, Cruelty-Free (as all Sugarpill products are), and that they are 5-Free, meaning that they do not contain the following 5 toxins: Dibutyl Phthalate, Toluene, Formaldehyde, Formaldehyde Resin, and Camphor. Now I know, some of you might be thinking that these nail polishes couldn't possibly be that strong without some of the toxins that are in most other nail polishes, but boy, would you be wrong!

(Two quick coats of Cloud Cake. Please excuse my cuticles! :( )

(Shown in indoor light)

(Taken outside. I know, I know, my cuticles really need some TLC!)

(Another view from outside)

 As you can see from the pictures, not only is the color decently opaque, but also the sparkles applied easily! I didn't have to struggle to get the glitter or sparkles on, I just painted two coats on my lunch break at work. I noticed that my nails felt more sturdy with the lacquer on, and dried fairly quickly. I like to do what I call the "toilet paper test" just to see how quickly they do dry. Well, I would say I let them completely dry without touching anything for about 40 minutes and then went to use the loo before heading back to work. This lacquer passed with flying colors! None of the toilet paper was stuck to the polish! In fact, the lacquer is so strong, that it took about a week and a half for it to even start chipping.

(Those sparkles did NOT want to come off!)
  Once I saw enough chipping, I decided to remove the polish so I could use a new one, but found it very difficult! I use a none acetone nail polish remover, so there aren't as many harsh and harmful chemicals on my nails, but I really struggled with getting these sparkles off. The actual lacquer came off well enough and even most of the glitter, but for the sparkles, I had to soak a cotton pad with nail polish remover and hold it on top of my nail and then just pick off the remaining sparkles. Even still, I love these polishes and their high quality! I believe I paid about $12-13 for them at IMATS, but they are not yet released on their website yet. I will update when I see them on their page, but if you are considering purchasing one when they are released, just do it! You'll love them!

In the meantime, make sure you head over to the Sugarpill Cosmetics online shop here to get one of their unbelievable eye shadows! I will be reviewing the other products soon! 

Well, until next time...  :)

Peace and love,

Farrah <3

No comments:

Post a Comment