Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Lancome Hypnose Drama Waterproof Mascara Review

Hello world!


Sorry for the absence! Life seems to get busy in different bursts at a time, but I'm going to try and get more posts in per month! Here goes nothing! (<--why do people say that? Shouldn't it be, here goes everything?)

Lancome Hypnose Drama Waterproof Mascara

(I ordered mine from Macy's online, along with a foundation, and got a free gift!)
Ok, so where did I hear about this mascara? Well, a very long time ago, I got a sample of Lancome's  Hypnose Star mascara, and I absolutely loved it, but I forgot about it until I heard Tamanna Roashan aka DressYourFace, mention the Hypnose Drama mascara and how much she loves it. I am signed up for her online makeup classes (and you should be, too! Get more information and sign up here!), and in every single class, she always says that this is the only mascara she uses, but only in the waterproof version, especially for brides.

Maybe it's been drilled in my head, but I could not get this mascara out of my head, so I finally bit the bullet and bought one! My first thoughts: this brush looks like a caterpillar with it's "S" shape and is a bit intimidating!

(I'm sorry this picture isn't the clearest, I just got a new camera and am still figuring it out!)


(The wand has a slight curve to the brush)


(Little caterpillar of goodness)
Size: It's not as large as some of the fuller mascara wands that I have, but not as thin as some of the "regular" sized wands. As for the length of the wand, I do find that I have better control over the shorter handled wands, but the top fit nicely in my hand. (*Tip for those of you who have smaller lashes like me- lift your lid up and then brush the mascara on. It makes it easier for wands that have varied sized bristles)

(The cap fits nicely in your hand!)

Formula: I loved that the formula wasn't overly dry like the drugstore mascaras I've bought in the past, but it wasn't as moist as a softer mascara, like the Urban Decay Perversion mascara, so it helps to hold the curl in lashes better.

As for the waterproof part, oh my WORD! This is like the queen of waterproof mascara! I am telling you, this mascara is hard to get off! You can rub your eyes, cry, even take a makeup wipe to it, and it will NOT come off! I barely got it off with my makeup remover, which claims to remove waterproof mascara. This is perfect for brides or ladies/gents who live in humid areas, as well.

For me, personally, I may want to use the Hypnose Star mascara (although it's not waterproof!) on my own lashes, because they are so short, but I absolutely LOVE this for my brides! If you are looking for an amazing waterproof mascara that will hold your lash, you need to get one of these!

Where to get one: At Sephora here for $27.50 or at Macy's here for the same price!

Let me know what you think about it if you try it!

Peace and Love,

Farrah <3

No comments:

Post a Comment