Sunday, February 15, 2015

NARS Virtual Domination Cheek Palette

Hellllloo world!

I hope everyone has been enjoying their long President's Day weekend! Here in Massachusetts, the snow is burying us! We have gotten over 90 inches of snow! There is literally no where else for them to put the snow! Since we are snowed in, I thought it would be the perfect time to get another review in! Let's jump right into it!

(Ollie, our adopted beagle mix puppy, seems to be the only one who likes the snow)

NARS Virtual Domination Cheek Palette n

(The holiday packaging is just absolutely stunning!)

Summary: 

- Limited edition, holiday cheek palette with 2 blush colors exclusive to this palette
- Three beautiful blushers, one highlighting blusher, and one large bronzing powder
- Still available exclusively at Sephora here for $65.00!

(Perfect size for travel!)
When I first saw this palette, I was lusting after it for a while, so when I received a gift card for Amazon during Christmas last year, I searched until I found one and ordered it immediately! I will admit, it is a bit smaller than I initially thought it would be, but it does make it convenient for travel for light packing. Now, this palette was released in 2014 as a holiday palette, but is still available because of the varying mixed reviews of the palette.

(The palette contains {top row, bottom row, then bronzer} Miss Liberty, Deep Throat, Sex Fantasy, Final Cut, Laguna Bronzer)

In the pan, the colors look absolutely gorgeous! With three blushers, one highlighting blusher, and a bronzer, this palette makes for a great travel palette, but I believe it is better suited for fair to light-medium skin tones. The colors are as follows, from top row to bottom row and then the bronzer: Miss Liberty (a beautiful peachy-beige color with silver shimmer), Deep Throat (peach with shimmer), Sex Fantasy (matte pale lavendar pink), Final Cut (matte peach coral), and Laguna (medium brown with gold shimmer). 

(Looks absolutely gorgeous in the palette case)


(Swatches from top row, bottom row, and bronzer)

I, like many others, have found that this palette, for some reason, is not as pigmented as a single pan of blush from NARS, except for Final Cut and Deep Throat, which actually have really nice saturation and did apply easily. To even get these swatches for the other ones though, I had to go over a few times, especially the Laguna bronzer, which I was surprised about because I had heard such rave reviews about it. The Sex Fantasy was the color I was most disappointed in. Although it has a beautiful soft lavender color to it, the consistency was a bit more chalky and couldn't be worn alone as a blusher. I normally do mix more than one blush to get a more natural look, but this was one that MUST be mixed with another blush. Once you pick up enough of the product though, the colors are quite stunning. I think that Laguna would also be wonderful for those who are very fair skinned (like my pale self), who need to add a little bit of color to their skin without getting too muddy or too warm. 

Conversely, with the Miss Liberty highlighting blusher, I find this highlight to be a little too obvious, because of the silver shimmer and would only reserve it for holiday looks or used as an eyeshadow. It all comes down to personal preference, but generally, I prefer to use a highlighter that adds a sheen and healthy glow, rather than more of a glittery shimmer. What do you guys think? I think for the price and overall quality, as well as the holiday packaging, this palette was a good investment, although I can understand why some people might be hesitant to try it out, but I'm happy with my investment. Let me know what you think about this palette if you have it and until next time...

Peace and Love, 

Farrah <3

No comments:

Post a Comment